SideTool offers the #1 trencher attachment solution for the contractor who needs to trench efficiently and safely. Stop trenching backwards and stop driving your skid steer on an unstable grade! Now you can trench forward with the skid steer by swinging the trencher to the side.
You will increase production by 40% and under much safer conditions by trenching forward on the road surface or stable grade.
Placing the SideTrencher to the side does NOT cause twist on your skid steer. We have instructions on how to use this equipment safely. It is user-friendly and attaches to your skid steer in minutes. You will have full visibility of where you are going as well as great visibility of the tool in the ground.
SideTool Trencher Attachment Categories
- Standard Duty: For occasional use and normal soil conditions (36” depth, 48” depth), comes with standard cup chain. Motor and shaft are rated for 7-15 gpm (low-flow)
- Heavy Duty: For frequent use and heavier soil conditions (36” depth, 48” depth, 60” depth), comes with heavy-duty cup chain. Motor is rated for 16-25 gpm (standard flow)
- Super-Duty: For 24/7/365 use, extremely rough soil conditions, ultra-high-torque motor, (36” depth, 48” depth, 60” depth), comes with heavy-duty cup chain. Motor is rated for 25-40 gpm (hi-flow)
- We offer a large variety of chain types (combo chains with carbide-tipped terminator tooth, bullet chains, alligator chains, etc.)
- We offer chain widths starting at 6”, 8”, 10” and 12”. Custom widths can also be made.
- SideTool Skid Steer Pro I (A,B) Coupler: This allows the operator to swing the trencher to the middle (to go backwards in narrow spaces) or swing it to the right-side-only of the machine and drive forward while trenching. This coupler is roughly 8-12 inches away from the tracks/wheels when placed to the side of the machine to drive forward. It is very user-friendly as well as incredibly rugged and durable. Pro I-A accepts the trencher only, while Pro I-B accepts all SideTool attachments.
- SideTool Skid Steer Pro II Coupler: This allows the operator to swing the trencher and all other SideTool attachments to the middle (to go backwards in narrow spaces) or swing it to BOTH/EITHER side of the skid steer and drive forward while trenching. This coupler is heavier than the Pro I and is suited for the contractor who needs to do work behind a curb or otherwise have the machine far away from an unstable grade. A heavier skid steer is recommended for this coupler.